Licensing a professional corporation in British Columbia allows you to take advantage of various tax benefits and tax planning strategies that are available following incorporation. The lawyers at Morris Law will work with you and your accountant to ensure that the structure of your professional corporation is set up in a way which allows you to take full advantage of these benefits, while ensuring the requirements of your profession set by the various colleges, governing bodies, and legislation (such as the Health Professions Act) are met. Your accountant may also recommend incorporating a Holding Company, which may own shares in your professional corporation.
We work with professionals across several industries, including real estate (you can find more information on incorporating a Professional Real Estate Company or PREC here), law, massage therapy, accounting, dentistry, and various medical fields.
Here are a few of the various colleges and regulating bodies that we are able to coordinate with:
- Real Estate Council of British Columbia;
- Law Society of British Columbia,
- College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia,
- College of Veterinarians of British Columbia;
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia;
- College of Optometrists of British Columbia;
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia; and
- College of Chiropractors of British Columbia.
Whether you are a Realtor, Architect, Veterinarian, Massage Therapist, or other professional authorized to operate through a corporation, consider incorporating with the services of Morris Law.